Environmental education is a process that allows individuals to explore environmental issues, engage in problem solving, and take action to improve the environment.
The main components of environmental education are:
- Awareness and sensitivity to the environment and environmental challenges.
- Knowledge and understanding of the environment and environmental challenges.
- Attitudes of concern for the environment and motivation to improve or maintain environmental quality.
- Skills to identify and help resolve environmental challenges.
- Participation in activities that lead to the resolution of environmental challenges.
SAHASH engaged in providing environment education and creating the environment to accept the challenges in individual life through understanding of the major problems of the contemporary world. SAHASH closely work with Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change in India and involve in National Environment Awareness Campaign (NEAC).